I’ve been hearing a lot lately about people being dissatisfied and unfulfilled in their lives. But, often the comment they make is “no idea what to do to fix it”. And, many times, their subconscious mind is holding on to old, limiting messages that keep them from taking the necessary steps to create the good life they so desire. So I thought today we could go over some FUN ways of fixing it!
1. Find some quiet time for roughly half an hour and write your long, detailed, juicy answer to this sentence stem, “I’m so happy and grateful now that ___________”. In other words, you’re going to paint the picture for yourself, with words, of exactly how you’d like your life to be, but writing it as if it’s already accomplished. Why do this? Because your mind doesn’t know the difference between what you’re thinking versus what you’re literally doing. Thus, Mary Kay’s famous statement, “What you think about, you bring about”. Spending time writing out your ideal life, then re-reading it at least daily (I’d vote for when you wake up AND when you go to bed, so it’s the first and last thing you think about in a day) will get the Universal forces working for you in creating just what you’ve written.
2. To not only stimulate the part of your mind that works in words, but also the part of your mind that works in pictures, I’d also recommend grabbing some magazines and ripping out pictures that represent your ideal, good life. You can also download images from the Internet that suit your purposes, too. Then glue those pictures onto a poster board and put it somewhere you’ll see it often.
3. Take a picture of your poster and make it the screen saver on your phone and computer so you look at it many times during the day.
4. Create a Pinterest board specifically for your good life. Again, post all of the images, words, sayings, etc. that represent what you want to manifest. You can even make separate boards for different aspects of your good life: great relationship, nice home, ideal job, healthy body…whatever calls to you. Really have fun with this!
5. Assume the position. In other words, act AS IF it is already the case. For example, if you want to be a millionaire, act like a millionaire. I don’t mean spending money you don’t have; I mean once a month, perhaps, you take yourself out for a FANTASTIC dinner, dressed to the nines, practicing carrying yourself as a millionaire. This practice literally recalibrates your mind-body-spirit for greater things in life.
6. Take action! This doesn’t have to mean a gigantic leap of faith, although it might be that. By this I mean small, daily steps designed to get you where you want to go. If you simply focus on the next best step, eventually you’ll arrive where you want to go.
Regardless of which of these steps you choose to implement, know that you are creating the life you want simply by mindfully making any and all of these changes. Cheers to your good life!